• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera Shutter Button...

am I think only one who thinks tapping on the screen to take a picture is QUITE awkward?

wouldn't it be great if you could push the volume button to take a picture.. or something... I mean I know the options are limited as compared to phones like the hero and such...

but that'd be a nice option to have.. I Think...

I don't find it awkward so much as i would just like to be able to do it one handed. As it is now there is just no way.

Upvote 0
yea, since i'm coming from a nokia n95 and having a dedicated button makes it feel like a camera.

and i know this should be in another thread but i think my n95 took better pics in terms of color or white balance with default settings. i'm still getting used to the evo camera and settings. needs more options or presets (cuz i'm terrible at making my own).

Upvote 0
am I think only one who thinks tapping on the screen to take a picture is QUITE awkward?

wouldn't it be great if you could push the volume button to take a picture.. or something... I mean I know the options are limited as compared to phones like the hero and such...

but that'd be a nice option to have.. I Think...

FYI.. Not sure if you were aware (if so, my apologies).. If you hold your finger anywhere on the screen. A white focus range box will appear. The camera app will then auto focus that area and shoot. I have found this to be a much more simple and effective way to take pics on the EVO. As compared to tapping the shutter button (horrible location IMO). Especially good when you are trying to take a picture with your friends holding the camera side facing you.

Upvote 0
Also, kind of off topic here but.. If you guys are looking for an awesome camera application Vignette is by far the most user friendly feature packed one I have bought/tried. I'm big into photography, and like to get creative. Never really thought I could be impressed by a camera application for a phone until i found this one.. :rolleyes:

Official review, Market Link, and Sample pics here..

http://androidforums.com/applicatio...e-neilandtheresa-go-beyond-connect-users.html

Might want to wait for the next update though.. Noticed the quality on the EVO is sub par to what it was on my Hero. But still awesome!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones