1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can’t delete system files in android

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Garalo, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Garalo

Garalo Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2016
    Hi !

I’ve rooted my samsung smartphone, and I’ve tried to delete some files in the system folder, with no success so far :(
    Does anyone know a tip to delete or move these reluctant files? Maybe an app?

Many thanks for your help

More details :
    Device : Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, GT-I8160P
    Android 2.3.6, Kernel 2.6.35.7

I wanted to take pictures with my smartphone without hearing the shutter noise. I found no option on the phone : even in silent mode the sound keeps playing while taking a photo. Then I downloaded some apps like spy camera etc : it does take pictures without noise, but only low resolution pics (maximum 800x600). For higher resolution the shutter noise comes back.

So I decided to root my phone (kingroot) and I found some files that I think are responsible for the noise : system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg and 3 other files named "camera_***"

I tried to rename, move or delete them, with no success so far, using : root browser, total commander, explorer, fx, file expert… none seem to work

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    So is root working, i.e. can any of your other apps perform actions which require root?

mikedt and scary alien like this.
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to AF! :)

It kind of sounds like your bootloader is locked or your /system partition's cannot be put into read-write mode.

Have a peek in our SG Ace 2 root area to see if there's anything useful in there for you (I'm not familiar with the Ace 2, so the folks that hang-out and the threads that exist in there might be your best bet).

Cheers!

mikedt and Hadron like this.