• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can’t delete system files in android

Garalo

Lurker
Aug 24, 2016
Hi !

I’ve rooted my samsung smartphone, and I’ve tried to delete some files in the system folder, with no success so far :(
Does anyone know a tip to delete or move these reluctant files? Maybe an app?

Many thanks for your help

More details :
Device : Samsung Galaxy Ace 2, GT-I8160P
Android 2.3.6, Kernel 2.6.35.7

I wanted to take pictures with my smartphone without hearing the shutter noise. I found no option on the phone : even in silent mode the sound keeps playing while taking a photo. Then I downloaded some apps like spy camera etc : it does take pictures without noise, but only low resolution pics (maximum 800x600). For higher resolution the shutter noise comes back.

So I decided to root my phone (kingroot) and I found some files that I think are responsible for the noise : system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg and 3 other files named "camera_***"

I tried to rename, move or delete them, with no success so far, using : root browser, total commander, explorer, fx, file expert… none seem to work

Welcome to AF! :)

It kind of sounds like your bootloader is locked or your /system partition's cannot be put into read-write mode.

Have a peek in our SG Ace 2 root area to see if there's anything useful in there for you (I'm not familiar with the Ace 2, so the folks that hang-out and the threads that exist in there might be your best bet).

Cheers!

Reactions: mikedt and Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones