• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can anybody help me with folder organizer?

So I have Folder Organizer Lite because I want to change some icons but unfortunately I have no freakin idea how to do this. Could somebody help me out here?

Oh and I also have another question. How can you import your own wallpapers onto your Desire?

Can't help you with folder organizer lite as i have never used it.

Wallpapers can be transferred to your phone by connecting to a pc & selecting disk drive & just copying over.
You can always select bluetooth & do it that way between phones or just download them from the net

Upvote 0
1. Open FolderOrganizer
2. Select the App tab
3. Tap the down arrow next to the app you want to change
4. Select Icon
5. Navigate to the icon you want to use (assuming its a jpg/png you can use Android Image Gallery)
6. Select it (its now associated with the app in FolderOrganizer)

7. Goto to the home screen you want to add the app too
8. Long click the screen
9. Choose Add Widget
10. Select FolderOrganizer Item
11. Choose Apps
12. Select the App you want to add

Or something like that... :)

Upvote 0
Can't help you with folder organizer lite as i have never used it.

Wallpapers can be transferred to your phone by connecting to a pc & selecting disk drive & just copying over.
You can always select bluetooth & do it that way between phones or just download them from the net

Hi, can I copy it anywhere on the SD or I have to have a specific folder for it?
I found some Icon packs. There are a few folders and each has .DS_Store and many png files. Where can I store that?
How do you organize your SD?
Sorry for stupid questions, I just cannot find a Thread like "I bought an Android, what now?"

Thnaks

Upvote 0
i love the ease of the icon changing...you go into the app, change the icons there, and it will auto update the icons you already have out on the desktop so you don't have to go back and remove/readd the same widget or app...it's great .

The only issue i still have with it, is that the icons are just icons, they are not live core icons, meaning if there is an SMS unread, it will not show a 1. It will just be an icon. The notification bar will tell you that you have a message, but the text/sms box or email icon will not give you an unread count :(

Upvote 0
Hi, can I copy it anywhere on the SD or I have to have a specific folder for it?
I found some Icon packs. There are a few folders and each has .DS_Store and many png files. Where can I store that?
How do you organize your SD?
Sorry for stupid questions, I just cannot find a Thread like "I bought an Android, what now?"

Thnaks

They are not stupid questions, all of us had to learn about this at some point .Yes, i agree with DanFrance said....I would go to disk mode on the phone, plug it into computer, and create a folder called icons, and move all your stuff into there. i do the same thing with music (i do a search for *mp3 and move it all to the music folder).

Now when you're in fold. organizer and you go to edit icon, there will be an option for icon packs, the icon pack you download WILL be in that list, amongst a list of apps that also have icons that you can use. So for example, i download a "simple icon pack"....i went to edit an icon, selected icon pack instead of default icons, then i clicked on simple icon pack, and chose my icon..and thats what you should do.

Hope this helped

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones