• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can anyone help - Mail

yenrod

Jul 18, 2010
NW England
Hi All,

I've had a Desire for quite a while now and love it.

Anyhow,

A good while back I had a Nokia 5800 (which got water-ingression) irritatingly - i lost money on that from Vodafone as they wouldnt replace.

So got the Desire and as I had an OVI mail-account.

:....got it synched up etc...

And now, as OVI (Nokia) have shipped out to Yahoo - kind of linked up with Yahoo on the mail account.

= Basically the phone, as much as it will set-up on the new settings..it even hesitates on the set-up, - It won't log-in...and displays 'Login Failed'.

Anyone know what the matter is with this OR - Is this a case that Nokia have encrypted their mail situ. to their phones ??????????

Uninstall whatever link you currently have and then start afresh... either install the yahoo app from the market or access your email via your web browser... Nokia's link to Yahoo via the ovi store dosn't seem to operate properly at the best of times so could be giving you problems if trying to use the same link... I have encountered this problem on both a C7 and E71 phones.
The Yahoo app from the market on my Desire works brilliantly.

Reactions: yenrod
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones