• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can anyonr figure out this puzzle?

osiris999

Lurker
Dec 1, 2011
ok i have a droidx decided to root it on froyo frogot what program used. never really used the root features except to delete the game demos on my phone. then came gingerbread i with out doing anything other than going to system and click update updated to ginger. well from that day on the phone has been complete crap. pandora takes forever to load when it does it plays maybe 3 songs before freezing. internet slower than before. so i decided to "re root" the phone. downloaded Motorola one click ran the process like you should. said phone is now rooted. so i deleted game demos, amazon mp3, and yahoo stuff. well i soon learned yahoo was a huge mistake. now i have no contact list that works on top of a phone thats worst than my old blackberry storm. pandora and pretty much anything thing that uses 3g works like 56k dial up and i have no contact list that doesnt crash. i download all files need to fix the contacts. problem is under terminal emulator if i type su i get premission denied. i have pretty much every "root file explorer" at this point they all let me do nothing. so the phone isnt really rooted but i can delete things as if i am. i justcant put them back. so no app lets me fix the damage because "im not rooted" but no program lets me root even though they say success. how can i fix this? i tried restore to factory settings and all that does is loose my apps. i have zero problem with deleting and formatting the phone to nothing and restoring it to complete stock original droid x android. i dont want or care to back up anything. at this point i just want the exact phone i bought when it came out. please help!!!

ok i have a droidx decided to root it on froyo frogot what program used. never really used the root features except to delete the game demos on my phone. then came gingerbread i with out doing anything other than going to system and click update updated to ginger. well from that day on the phone has been complete crap. pandora takes forever to load when it does it plays maybe 3 songs before freezing. internet slower than before. so i decided to "re root" the phone. downloaded Motorola one click ran the process like you should. said phone is now rooted. so i deleted game demos, amazon mp3, and yahoo stuff. well i soon learned yahoo was a huge mistake. now i have no contact list that works on top of a phone thats worst than my old blackberry storm. pandora and pretty much anything thing that uses 3g works like 56k dial up and i have no contact list that doesnt crash. i download all files need to fix the contacts. problem is under terminal emulator if i type su i get premission denied. i have pretty much every "root file explorer" at this point they all let me do nothing. so the phone isnt really rooted but i can delete things as if i am. i justcant put them back. so no app lets me fix the damage because "im not rooted" but no program lets me root even though they say success. how can i fix this? i tried restore to factory settings and all that does is loose my apps. i have zero problem with deleting and formatting the phone to nothing and restoring it to complete stock original droid x android. i dont want or care to back up anything. at this point i just want the exact phone i bought when it came out. please help!!!
Hello, there, welcome to the forums! I am not sure how to flash back to stock on your phone, but I'm sure the good folks at the Droid X forum would be happy to help. Here's a link:

Motorola Droid X - Android Forums

Best of luck!

Upvote 0
thanks for the help but theres a big problem. my phone will not go in boot loader. if i hold down volume down, camera, and press power it simply just boots like normal. i tried the system restore one (home button, volume down, and power) if just shows android guy and wont let me do anything. i use that very method to system restore last week now it doesnt work and neither does the boot loader method. any tips? as of now im thinking smash the dam thing to a million pieces and make a warranty clam. i fully plan on buying a galaxy nexus the day they come out but who knows whats going on with that. seems like verizon themselves has no clue about it. back on topic the phone boots fine and works except cant use contacts list, and cant use any radio like app that uses 3g. 3g cuts out every so often so websites take forever sometimes. games and things work flawless. as far as rooting the phone, boot strap, system restore forget it.

Upvote 0
well i feel kinda stupid. i was pressing the buttons in the wrong order. anyways everything was a success except pandora still takes forever to load and locks up on every two songs. also if i try to connect to wifi it doesnt connect. i end up with zero single. now before i activated the phone wifi was working great. i think i might try and go back to froyo. the phone was awesome till the day i put ginger on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones