• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

can apple apps work with andriod?

Okay so I could really use this one app from apple. And that's numbers. There version of excel. So My question is there anyway I can have this app fully functional on my Samsung galaxy tab 10.1? What if there are any hacks? Thank you

Welcome to the AndroidForums, snowkiid :)!

Glad you signed-up.

Well, you can't directly take an iOS app and run it on the Android platform. But you can find apps that were written with Adobe AIR that are most likely found on both Android and iOS.

Here's a link with a sample list of apps: Get the All-time popular Powered by AIR Android apps on AppBrain

Note: when downloading any of these apps, you have to first have downloaded and installed Adobe AIR from the Android Market.

The way this works is that a developer uses the Adobe AIR framework to write his/her apps. When the app is finished, it may be run on either iOS (Apple) or an Android-based phone. Pretty cool since that benefits both the developer (who only has to write the app one time) and you, since you now have more choices.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, and again, welcome to AF!

Upvote 0
Does it absolutely HAVE to be Numbers? There are several options for reading Excel files (QuickOffice and Documents To Go are 2) available on the Android platform.

Well, I would really appreciate numbers more. Its just so much more simple to use than other excel-like programs. I'm using splashtop now so that I can use my computer to access numbers, but would be much easier if I just had the numbers app like ipad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones