• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can help me fig roms out

again it has been a couple yrs since breaking t out the evo, it continues to amaze and thrill me how much time and effort people have taken to develop, post and even give customer support and feedback for these free (maybe minus some small donations) roms
And any issues i have had figuring it out there are always helpful people on these forums to help one through stressful times. truly amazing. I really miss that in this community with the evo

I searched through the links can anyone direct me to a known JB rom? i would love to check one out if possible
thanks again

yes it amazes me as well on how popular the og evo still is. and AF is the best!!!!!!

as far as JB roms go, they are going to be aosp roms.....so you can find them here:http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/618281-list-utilities-apps-roms-kernels-og-evo.html

Upvote 0
okay i tried a few rom's
such as ubersonic, thunder shock 3.03, jellyvision, and swiper_aokp. I feel lucky that there are still roms for us to try.
on jellyvision i like it but could not find a playstore app on it. Is there a way to download playstore without the playsore app? i couldn't figure it out

for now i am sticking with ubersonic seems pretty stable
are there any good voip options for the rooted evo? in case i want to make/receive calls without a carrier?

thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones