• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I charge a Galaxy Note II through headphone jack?

Hello all. As the title states, I would like to know if my Galaxy Note will charge through the headphone jack? I have a portable solar charger with a 3.5mm plug and want to be able to charge it while camping or during a survival situation, etc. I have it connected and in the sun now, but do not see the charging icon over the battery icon. I'm thinking it will not, but thought I would check. Thanks in advance for the input.

Milwaukee makes a slick little 12v charging device with a USB port, as well as a typical cigarette lighter style port. Works awesome! I have one that I keep in my dump truck and equipment. It will charge my GN2, 2 or 3 times before it needs to be charged again. I bought mine on Amazon....but Home Depot carries Milwauke too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones