1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can I charge a Galaxy Note II through headphone jack?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brokersteve, Jul 4, 2013.

1. brokersteve

brokersteve Lurker

Hello all. As the title states, I would like to know if my Galaxy Note will charge through the headphone jack? I have a portable solar charger with a 3.5mm plug and want to be able to charge it while camping or during a survival situation, etc. I have it connected and in the sun now, but do not see the charging icon over the battery icon. I'm thinking it will not, but thought I would check. Thanks in advance for the input.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I don't think so and I wouldn't risk it until you get a definitive answer. Bad things can happen if you push power into a port that isn't expecting it.:dontknow:

3. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

The answer is No, so be careful ;)

4. brokersteve

brokersteve Lurker

Thanks. I will have to try to find an adapter for the charging port.

5. cdf3

cdf3 Well-Known Member

I would suggest getting a spare battery, or a portable battery pack charger.
    I purchased an extra battery and external charger for my Note 2. When I get low on battery, I just pop in the new one, and place the low battery in the external charger.

ceva321 likes this.
  6. excav8ter

excav8ter Android Enthusiast

Milwaukee makes a slick little 12v charging device with a USB port, as well as a typical cigarette lighter style port. Works awesome! I have one that I keep in my dump truck and equipment. It will charge my GN2, 2 or 3 times before it needs to be charged again. I bought mine on Amazon....but Home Depot carries Milwauke too.

7. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast

That is exactly what I do.... :)

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews