• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I force an update to 2.2 for my Milestone on Telus?

lyphe

Lurker
Mar 17, 2010
I bought a Motorola MILESTONE from Telus in Canada - although my actual service is with Rogers. I know that Telus has not yet released 2.2 for the Milestone ( I checked the website and it only has 2.1 listed so far which I do have on my phone ).

Here is my question:
Do I need to wait for Telus to release 2.2 for my phone - or is there a way to force 2.2 onto my phone somehow? My phone is unlocked if that makes a difference.

Thx in advance! Lyphe

Yes but you will need to load a custom ROM. They are not true 2.2 ROM's as the bootloader is locked so the kernel is still the same. I suggest you wait but some say they are having no problems with theirs. For me my battery wasn't lasting nearly as long so I'm hoping when the official release is out it will make the battery last much longer as the kernel would be updated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones