• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can I reactivate a rooted/unlocked Droid Incredible on Verizon?

worknman

Apr 13, 2010
Well, my Verizon Gnex is broken (literally), and I still have my old Droid Incredible I was using before I replaced it with the Gnex, on the same Verizon account. I'm assuming I can just take the Incredible and reactivate it with my existing account, until I can find a better option....

But, it is currently rooted and the bootloader is unlocked, running Clockwork Recovery and CM 7.1. Would I have to unroot and set the bootloader and ROM back to stock, or will they just reactivate it as-is?

Well, my Verizon Gnex is broken (literally), and I still have my old Droid Incredible I was using before I replaced it with the Gnex, on the same Verizon account. I'm assuming I can just take the Incredible and reactivate it with my existing account, until I can find a better option....

But, it is currently rooted and the bootloader is unlocked, running Clockwork Recovery and CM 7.1. Would I have to unroot and set the bootloader and ROM back to stock, or will they just reactivate it as-is?
Can reactivate it as is... Can do it online or over the phone, they just need the MEID .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones