• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I stop Google from uploading Gallery to Picasa Web?

A

Android Question

Is there any way to disable Google Play Services "sign in-request", which pops up frequently and tries to upload pictures from my phone's gallery (private pics) to Picasa Web Albums/Google+? I am deathly afraid I'll accidentally hit the wrong button one of these days. Plus it's a tremendous nuisance with notifications many times each day.

If I turn off "Show Notifications" in Google Play Services App Info, I assume the notifications will stop, but will it still be trying to make my pics public...? any way to protect gallery from sharing?

Google+ photos and Picasa are 2 different things.

and this problem is pissing me off big time.

Picasa don't exist anymore, so there is no place to turn OFF the damn Picasa Requests...

Google+, Photos, do not offer anyway to turn off that damn request.

I do NOT want any photo uploaded period, unless I do it on purpose.

I have done an Advanced Google search on this forum, and all of the answers are useless, and they don't work....
not today they don't.

anyone still dealing with this misery?

I just now disabled all Notifications from the Google app period....
time will tell if they did anything for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones