• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I use the xperia z2 charging dock with my computer?

kenneth70

Feb 7, 2011
Malaysia
Hi guys , recently got myself an Experia Z2 . I was wondering if the charging dock that comes with it can be connected to my computer for the purposes of charging my phone . One more question , have we lost the ability to transfer apps to the sd card with the new Kitkat update? This is really doin me head in at this point . Have lots of HD games and have run out of space cause the Z2 only has an internal memory of 16gb. Is there any workaround for this without rooting cause the phone is brand new at this point .

Thanks guys for your time , any input is much appreciatted .

Kenneth.

1) Any USB charging device can be used with a smartphone.

2) With Kit Kat, only an app that has permissions to write to a folder can do so. If you're using an unrooted phone, and trying to transfer apps with an app that didn't create the folder you're transferring them (including the root of the card), it won't work. (An app running rooted [meaning running as superuser] has all rights to all folders.)

Upvote 0
Hi guys my z2 suddenly kept it's Internet signal locked on and I lost 0.5gb in an hour. Switched it on /off, replaced sim but to no avail. Then remembered I installed antutu just before. Uninstalled it and all's back to normal. It might be irrelevant or not, just some info. BTW resolved the internal storage issues. Rooted, transferred all apps to SD and its golden. Using Folder Mount, great app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones