• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can I wired tether Desire with Mac?

Do you want to tether your laptop to your phone's 3G connection? You don't need a wire to do that, if you have Android 2.2 on your phone, just use the app and follow the instructions.

If it's the other way around and you want to connect your phone to your wireless internet connection, then it's as simple as going to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings.

Sorry if I've completely misunderstood your question, but I hope this helps. :)

Upvote 0
I want to use the Desire to connect to the internet with my Mac. What app do I use to tether wirelessly? The key thing here is that it is not a PC, it's a Mac. Also, it is my work's Mac and most of the administrative stuff has to be done by my boss, so what needs to be done so that I can, for instance, send photos from my Mac Book to a computer at work? I don't mean to sound stupid, but I'm more comfortable connecting to a PC which I deal with at home than the Mac.

Dan

Upvote 0
Oh, no worries, I have a Mac too. Sorry, I'm still not entirely sure what it is you want to do, connection-wise. Do you want to connect to the internet on your MacBook, using the 3G connection on your Desire, or the other way around? To send photos from your MacBook, can you not just email them? Or are you trying to use your phone's connection to your MacBook to send the photos?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. What I am trying to do is to use my phone's G3 internet connection to send photos from my Mac Book when a wireless connection is not available to me. I think I'm close, but have not been able to get the Mac to connect to the phone's G3. I connected the phone to the laptop with it's cable, selected share internet connection, went into Wireless and Network settings on the phone and checked the internet sharing box. Then on my Mac I looked for the phone's G3 through the AirPort and found something called Ggrrrgle, which I assume is the phone's internet connection. I click on it to connect but it keeps giving me an unable to connect message. Any advice on how to get the Mac to actually connect to the phone's internet. Thanks,

Dan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones