• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can no longer format, nor flash in twrp

When I first got this phone I rooted it through Kingroot, flashed and installed SuperSU and the twrp for this phone. Which I found a link on this forum. I then proceeded to flash cyanogen 12.1 and have used that as my os. I haven't had any issues until I downloaded this shitty pimp my rom app. Every since then I've had issues!
For some reason out of no where I lost my root! I was wondering why everything stopped working for the most part. I proceeded to re root my phone. So far so good, but now I'm experiencing sensor issues. Every time I try to call someone or vice versa my screen will completely black out! I can't answer a call, nor hang up. It's a real pita. So I go to twrp recovery to try to flash a new sensor update and nothing. It keeps saying failure in red letters after every attempt I make. I then said to hell with it and decided to wipe my phone clean. Thinking itd get rid whatever issue arose from messing around with that pimp my rom app. Well of course it won't let me format in twrp. Again failure in red letters. It won't let me flash any zip files whatsoever! Tried reflashing cyanogen, then my stock rom, nothing. When I lost my root I lost all my mods as well. I can't overclock my cpu, can't do anything basically. I'm not sure what the problem is? Was it Kingroot? I'm not sure if it was, since I was able to reroot it. Im using KingRoots version of SuperSu because I can't flash anything. Does anyone have a clue as to why I can't flash any of my zip files in twrp? I've tried deleting and redownloading my zip files too. That had no effect whatsoever, so I'm basically frustrated and have no clue as what to do? If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it alot! Oh and sometimes when I hit the home button it'll black out my screen as well. This just recently started happening. Although I'm more concerned on being able to flash files again in twrp.

When I first got this phone I rooted it through Kingroot, flashed and installed SuperSU and the twrp for this phone. Which I found a link on this forum. I then proceeded to flash cyanogen 12.1 and have used that as my os. I haven't had any issues until I downloaded this shitty pimp my rom app. Every since then I've had issues!
For some reason out of no where I lost my root! I was wondering why everything stopped working for the most part. I proceeded to re root my phone. So far so good, but now I'm experiencing sensor issues. Every time I try to call someone or vice versa my screen will completely black out! I can't answer a call, nor hang up. It's a real pita. So I go to twrp recovery to try to flash a new sensor update and nothing. It keeps saying failure in red letters after every attempt I make. I then said to hell with it and decided to wipe my phone clean. Thinking itd get rid whatever issue arose from messing around with that pimp my rom app. Well of course it won't let me format in twrp. Again failure in red letters. It won't let me flash any zip files whatsoever! Tried reflashing cyanogen, then my stock rom, nothing. When I lost my root I lost all my mods as well. I can't overclock my cpu, can't do anything basically. I'm not sure what the problem is? Was it Kingroot? I'm not sure if it was, since I was able to reroot it. Im using KingRoots version of SuperSu because I can't flash anything. Does anyone have a clue as to why I can't flash any of my zip files in twrp? I've tried deleting and redownloading my zip files too. That had no effect whatsoever, so I'm basically frustrated and have no clue as what to do? If anyone could help me I'd really appreciate it alot! Oh and sometimes when I hit the home button it'll black out my screen as well. This just recently started happening. Although I'm more concerned on being able to flash files again in twrp.
Well. For one, this should be in the root section. 2. Have you tried reinstalling TWRP? You have root. So give it a shot. Also, by any chance had you flashed the switcher zips?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones