1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can you open flash games

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by No_Nickname90, Jan 13, 2011.

1. No_Nickname90

No_Nickname90 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Who? Stun?
    I want to know if I can open flash games on the HTC G2? Is there a standalone player that can actually open flash games or flash movies? I know I can go on the web and just do that, but I'd find it more convenient to just open it on my phone. That way, if I don't pay my bill, I can still play the flash games. LoL!!

So I guess I'm looking for a flash emulator, since when I try to open the flash game, it brings up my emulators to try and open the game.

Advertisement

2. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 18, 2010
    California
    You can do this with the browser. Just type into the address bar, file:///sdcard/filename.swf

At least, in theory. My phone seems to be having problems with pure swf files, they seem to want to be embedded. Other people say this direct method works for them, though.

3. No_Nickname90

No_Nickname90 Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 27, 2010
    Who? Stun?
    Maybe it isn't working for me since this is a flash game and the file extension is a (.exe). But I'll have to try this for flash movies.

And after file:/// are you sure it's (file:///) and not (file://) I've always thought it was 2 slashes? Neither way was working for me, it just started loading the yellowbar as if the browser was loading then closed my browser. LoL!!

4. justme8800

justme8800 Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 18, 2010
    California
    Yeah. It's "file://" for the protocal (as in, "http://"), and then "/sdcard/yadayada" for the location. Although maybe it'll correct for you, it might be that smart.

And no, your linux phone won't run windows .EXEs, don't be silly. If you can find whatever it is in swf format, you might have more luck.

No_Nickname90 likes this.
Tags: