• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can you recommend a case?

I got one of the hard rubber cases mentioned earlier in the thread, and I like the feel, but had anyone dropped the phone with one of these? Does it really protect the phone?

Don't know which case you're referring to, but I'm using the Rockfish hard shell case. I did drop my phone when it was in the case. Actually, it more than just fell out of my hands, it had force when it hit the floor because of the way I was moving my hand. The case popped off when it hit, but there was no obvious damage to the phone. Of course, I worry more about the damage you can't see, but it has been a couple weeks since I dropped it and all seems to be working fine. Whether everything would have been fine even without the case, I don't know.

Upvote 0
just picked up an awesome rubber case off ebay.

Incipio Silicrylic Case

amazon also carries it, I paid $18 and coulnd't be happier. real high quailty and worth every penny. Has a great screen protecter and good feel. Looks very similiar to the barely there one up top. I got mine in white which is pretty sweet. very happy so wanted to share

Upvote 0
I already had a belt clip leather case that I got at Best Buy (their brand Rocketfish). It is a very nice case and fits the Infuse perfectly well. Yesterday I got this Qmadix from Amazon. It's a holster type, and the case that protects the phone is very thin and provides good gripping. Here's the link at Amazon:

Amazon.com: Qmadix QM-HLSMI997-SO Snap-On Cover with Holster for Samsung Infuse - Belt Clip - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I picked up one of these also, got it about a week ago and so far I really like it.

Thanks Egidio!

Upvote 0
I got a case mate POP case...and i love it. :cool: It is kinda big...but it looks great and will protect the phone.

Just got the same, real easy to put on and looks decent. I'm fortunate enough to wear carpenter jeans for work and usually use the side pocket for the phones. Case-mate has the nice grippy sides which doesn't allow easy removal from said pocket now, lol.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i just got my infuse a couple weeks ago. i oredered the body glove "mirage" from amazon. it's a tpu rubber case. has some nice matte stripes on the back that look good and provide plenty of grip. on the front, the case wraps around and raises the glass off the surface to help protect the screen. all the cut-outs line up perfectly and the charger, etc plugs in just fine.

it probably only provides mid level protection at best, but adds just the right amount of thickness to the sides and makes it comfortable to hold. also fits in my back pocket just fine.

edit: as far as the glass, it's supposedly gorilla glass but i'm not convinced it's scratch proof, even after a couple careful weeks, you can see some micro scratches. maybe that's normal, i don't know.
i have one of those cling on style protectors. it taks a few days for the bubbles to work out, and they're super clear if you do it well.

Upvote 0
Well, I finally did get the case off, but damaged it in the process. Can't believe it has to be that difficult. I went back to a Rocketfish case I bought from BB a few weeks ago that I like. It is a hard shell case which is much easier to get off because it has a little slot on the side to insert something into and snap it off. It is slightly larger (maybe thicker or fatter are better words), but it fits in the holster I got with the seidio case.

Agreed... When i first got the ballistic on then tried to take off had to force it more than i thought i should felt like i was going to break it... But after a few times dont know if i got used to the technique or if the connections got broke in becoming less stiff... But it comes off very smooth for me now...

Upvote 0
I haven't read anything about Otterbox yet. So, thought I'd mention. Otterbox provides the case and holster. Neither of them are bulky and look pretty slick. I'm considering buying it off Ebay. I'm posting the vendor's website....but of course...Ebay always sells them much cheaper.
Samsung Infuse Cases, Samsung Infuse Defender Series // OtterBox.com

Saw the otter when i got my infuse a couple months ago... My luck with phones though i wanted the extra protection of the ballistic.. Dont mind the bulk... I prefer the feeling of having a tank protecting it... I have no worrys when i have the inner hard case, outer rubber case, and have the belt clip on that faces the screen toward the clips base... Only vulnerable point is camera flash... Even when i just go with the hard inner case in my pocket i feel like its sturdier than otterbox...

Upvote 0
Personally, I love the ballistic case. I play airsoft, and last thing I want is a bb hitting my phone and doing damage. I always use the belt clip, and it clips on really firmly. I had to dremel some of the rubber contacts for the volume buttons in the case, because they held the volume button constantly, but I recommend it if you don't mind having a huge case. The thing is impervious, and it turns heads.

Upvote 0
I'm also searching for a belt clip case that won't be too bulky. However, other than what AT&T has in stores (around $30), I have not found anything yet. I've ordered one from Amazon. The page clearly stated that the case was for the Samsung Infuse 4G, but I returned the case when I got it: it was too small and too short. So, I'm waiting a little while longer. The phone is still very new. The only thing I got was a rubber case by Qubits. It provides some protection and make the phone stick inside your pockets. :) Not quite what I was looking for...

There are 2 case manufacturers that I recommend.

Otterbox being the best I would say however I got the Ballistic case this time around.

Each manufacturer has different class of cases.

The Otterbox is best is the Defender and the Ballistics is the HC.

Both of those are pretty solid and I can attest from my iPhone to this Infuse even that they are pretty tough.

They have lesser classes but I prefer the hardened ones to protect and preserve my phone. They can be bulkier and so if you prefer the lower class case I believe they would be nice as well.

They usually retail on the manufacturers site from $40 to $50 however I get them from Amazon and eBay for usually have that.

Hope this helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones