• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Canada - Where do you 'BUY'?

So i'm locked into a contract on Rogers, and my phone died. Rogers selection of android phones sux, so .. i bought the sensation from Bell and got it unlocked. BUT.. what a hassle.
Has anyone else had a problem buying a phone from Bell, or am i the only one?
Future shop/Best Buy wouldn't sell it unless it was on a 3yr contract and the person at the Bell store wouldn't sell it outright unless there was a Bell phone number associated with the phone. I called Bell to check this out, and was told 'we're not in the business of selling phones, we're poviding a service, so yes, you have to be signed up on a contract'. IOW, go buy it online, we don't want your money.
Is this weird, or is it just me?
Thankfully i had no problem buying it from wireless wave outlet, but wow, who knew the Canadian nazis were alive and well here refusing to sell people a product that you can purchase online AND already unlocked.

Sorry for the long post, it's a bit of a rant too. Let me know how you bought yours, or if you had similar problems.

Thx
Zoolander.. oops that's Zooland3r here. :)

I went at a bell store about 2 weeks ago and they told me that in order to get a sensation oy, i would need to buy a 30 day contract. The guy also told me that best-buy may have a diffenrent policy.

The thing is that best-buy forces you to buy a contract with a new phone, but after a couple of weeks, they dont mind anymore.

2 weeks ago, i called and they told me thad it wasnt poasible to buy the phone contract free. I called back yesterday and now, it's possible...

I hope thia helps you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones