1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot seem to download widgets from HTC Hub

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ral, Mar 27, 2011.

1. ral

ral Android Expert

I was able to download HTC Widgets when I initially got the phone. Two days ago when I opened up the HTC Hub it indicated that there were updates available. I tried downloading the update but it would not install.

I tried uninstalling the old Widget and installing the updated one, but no go.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Mikelarry85

Mikelarry85 Newbie

Since HTCsense.com been down all other services associated with it have been acting weird. give it awhile and try again

ral likes this.
  3. Uri Stamonov

Uri Stamonov Newbie

To be honest I've never had anything but problems with the hub stuff.

I get the notifications for new widgets, and going into them and pressing details gives me an "Application not found" error.

I also can't update Notes, which I have installed - I go in and update it and it always still says "update available".

As well as that, it took about 2 months longer to get the list of widgets when compared to a friend who also has a DHD.

Finally, previewing sound sets or ringtones only works for about 1 in 10 items.

Overall, a really rubbishy piece of software!

Uri

4. Sid_James

Sid_James Lurker

All teh HTC sense/hub stuff has been complete pants from the first day I got my phone. Really appalling quality.

5. ral

ral Android Expert

Same problem... so I tried uninstall, reinstall... but could not reinstall.

6. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

Still not working for me. Tried to update my widgets and it downloads and says installing for second and stops and goes back to saying update available.

7. ajwconsult

ajwconsult Member

i dont use the htc sense side if the phone... prefer custom ones from the store... plenty of widgets to work with launcherpro and widgetlocker

8. Peegy

Peegy Lurker

I had the same problem but works tonight

ral likes this.
  9. landovr

landovr Android Enthusiast

All widgets started downloading for me today.

ral likes this.
  10. ral

ral Android Expert

Thanks, downloaded what I wanted today :)

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews