• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot Transfer mp4 via Mini USB?

geli7

Dec 20, 2009
I can't seem to transfer any mp4 files from my pc to the thrive through the mini usb cable. It starts to copy and the bar gets full, indicating it's almost done, and then there's an error saying the thrive stopped responding. I can transfer them file via a usb flash drive, but it's annoying to take the extra step.

I read somewhere else that turning on USB Debugging would solve this, but when I do that the thrive is not recognized by the pc. Anyone have any info on this?

I can't seem to transfer any mp4 files from my pc to the thrive through the mini usb cable. It starts to copy and the bar gets full, indicating it's almost done, and then there's an error saying the thrive stopped responding. I can transfer them file via a usb flash drive, but it's annoying to take the extra step.

I read somewhere else that turning on USB Debugging would solve this, but when I do that the thrive is not recognized by the pc. Anyone have any info on this?

Is the MP4 protected? I can not stand the lack of true logical drive function in Honeycomb. Portable device mode sucks.

Upvote 0
Three possible work-arounds:

1) Transfer the files to a USB drive and copy them from the USB drive to the Thrive's SD card

2) If your PC and Thrive are on the same network, use ES File Explorer to copy the files to the Thrive, just as you'd copy to any other computer on your network.

3) Using the mini-USB cable, try copying the files one at a time, starting with the smallest file.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones