• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access contacts

OrangeMamba

Lurker
Aug 17, 2011
Hello
I just got a new samsung infuse last saturday and I transferred all my contact information from my old sony ericson to the samsung. The contacts were all jumbled but the person who assisted me at at&t told me that was normal. So I've been spending the last few days trying to fix them up and now I can't access the contacts at all.

When I try to open the contact app with the icon on my home screen the screen just goes black untill I press the home button again and the screen returns to normal. I'm fairly certain the phone hasn't crashed because I can still see the indicator icons when the screen turns black.

Another problem is that I can't send text messages. When I send them the window says sending and it stays like that until I exit out and then the message gets saved as a draft.

Anyway there's been a icon on the top of the screen lately that I havent been able to identify which may or may not be related to these problems. The icon looks like this picture http://directmagazine.com/UserFiles/Artwork/access_denied.jpg only blue. I looked through the manual and it's not one of the default indicator icons.

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it.

Hello
I just got a new samsung infuse last saturday and I transferred all my contact information from my old sony ericson to the samsung. The contacts were all jumbled but the person who assisted me at at&t told me that was normal. So I've been spending the last few days trying to fix them up and now I can't access the contacts at all.

When I try to open the contact app with the icon on my home screen the screen just goes black untill I press the home button again and the screen returns to normal. I'm fairly certain the phone hasn't crashed because I can still see the indicator icons when the screen turns black.

Another problem is that I can't send text messages. When I send them the window says sending and it stays like that until I exit out and then the message gets saved as a draft.

Anyway there's been a icon on the top of the screen lately that I havent been able to identify which may or may not be related to these problems. The icon looks like this picture http://directmagazine.com/UserFiles/Artwork/access_denied.jpg only blue. I looked through the manual and it's not one of the default indicator icons.

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it.

That is the international symbol for "no" ...on the infuse it means no signal...

has your sim card come loose or been removed from your phone?

It sounds like that is what happened..something is wrong with your sim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones