• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't add APN

karlangazz

Jul 21, 2015
Hi,

I've flashed the latest Viper One m8 Rom, 4.3.0 on my new htc one m8 verizon unlocked, from amazon. I bought it to use it in México, my carrier is Movistar.

I just got my new nano sim but I'm not able to use 3G o LTE Data Service. Whenever I reboot the phone I get a message that says "Non Verizon SIM" "This SIM card is from an unknown source".

As I was saying I live in México City and my sim's carrier is Movistar... so I suppose that message is to be expected but I'm also guessing that this shouldn't be a problem, or is it?

Anyway, I've been looking on how to solve this issue but everything that I've found says that I must add my operator APN, but I can't do that, no matter what "Preferred Network" I choose (LTE mode, LTE/ledgcy 3GPP mode, Global mode), whenever I go into "Access Point Names" I don't have the plus "+" icon to add new APNs and the only thing I see is the message "Access Point Name settings are not available for this user"...

I've been looking for a way to solve that message so that I can add a new APN... but I haven't found anything other than enabling airplane mode and restarting the phone... which I already tried, but doesn't work.

My phone is rooted and s-off...

Do you have any idea of what else should I do?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones