• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't add contact to SMS

Smileyguy3000

Mar 17, 2010
When I compose an SMS message, I can no longer add a contatc by pressing the "To" space. I press it and nothing happens.

To send an SMS I can only select "Send SMS to mobile" from the contacts list, then the contact gets added.

Any ideas?

I am running only 1.5:( and have installed just a few apps lately (Jorte, smooth calendar, battery widget, voice recorder, compass, Quick settings, oi notepad)

Now I see- you start typing the recipient's name. Ithought something was wring when it didn't bring up a list of contacts!

I recommend using Handcent or ChompSMS messaging clients. I know in Handcent you can either click in the To field and starting typing the recipient, or click the little plus symbol to bring up your list of contacts where you can select tick boxes next to the ones you want to message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones