• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't connect phone to computer.

Lyssamarie

Lurker
Sep 27, 2011
I've read MANY threads on MANY sites trying to figure out what exactly the issue is here and NONE of them seem to be having the same problem... And quite frankly after spending the past two hours freezing the library trying to fix this I'm about ready to throw the stupid thing out the window... Every time I try to connect to my laptop all it does is charge my phone.

Okay... I've got a 64-bit Windows 7 Operating system before anyone asks... And I've tried everything I could find that might possibly fix this.

-USB bugging on/off no difference.
-All USB settings, nothing.
-Three different cords, nothing.

I've been trying to update my softwear and this is really starting to aggravate me... It doesn't help that the people that work at the AT&T store in my town are totally useless...
Any ideas??

Go to menu>settings>wireless & networks>USB settings and change it to ask on connection. Then go to menu>settings>applications>development and turn off USB debugging.

If you haven't done it yet, install Samsung Kies for the Captivate and make sure you run it as administrator. Once that's done, make sure you use the USB cable that came with the phone, the Captivate is very fussy about cables.

Plug in the phone to the laptop, it should install the drivers and the phone will prompt you about connection mode. Choose kies mode this time. Kies on the laptop should recognize the phone and let you know if an update is available.

Upvote 0
I've had the same problem now for weeks, I just get tired of screwing with.
WinXP 32 All USB hubs are 2.0 and i have tried EVERY procedure ive read about...Nothing it just wont connect. I tried just the drivers from samsung w/o kies so I could at least transfer files as backup...Nothing!.. :mad:
Obviously im missing something, and Im gonna feel like a fool when i find out what, but for now Im playin hackysack with my captivate. Just gimmie my tank back (Palm 750) that thing was indestructable...lol water and all:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones