• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant connect to hotspot on laptop

Jack Mickey

Aug 5, 2013
San Antonio, Tx
www.facebook.com
I have wifi tether treve mod on my galaxy ring. I recently upgraded the hdd on my laptop by cloning it to a larger one. Now whenever I try to connect to my hotspot from my laptop I get this... error:authentication failed: generic failure popping up everywhere. I know this is android forums but the people here are really bright and I got mad love for this community. Can anyone please help?

Im sorry man but how do I do that? So far ive deleted wifi tether, reinstalled, changed ssid, changed passphrase, changed settings to NOT connect automatically changed network to home, private, and public, yried with pda net, almost everything I could think of. I know its gotta be simple but I cant find any where on my laptop to delete my hotspot.

Upvote 0
1) https://code.google.com/p/wifi-tether-treve-mod/downloads/list

2) Launch the app Wifi Tether TrevE Mod and make the following changes to the settings.

3) Press on “Change Device-Profile”, select “Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)”.

4) Choose “Change Setup-Method”, select “Netd-Ndc (master)”.

5) Make sure “Send Netd Max Client Cmd” is checked.

6) Make sure either “WiFi-driver reload” or “WiFi-driver reload 2″ is checked on. If WiFi tether fails for some reason you can change this to the one you didn't use.

7) Scroll down and make sure “MSS clamping” and “Routing fix” are both checked on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones