• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cant download from market or browser.

ludeawakening

Android Enthusiast
Sep 22, 2010
Gadsden, Al
I flashed LFY V1.95 last night and I love the ROM, but it wont let me download any apps from the market or any types of files from the browser. It will start to download but says, "download unsuccessful." That's the only message I get. I had to go back to CyanogenMod 6.1.2 from a nandroid and everything works perfectly. If someone could tell me a way to fix the problem with LFY I would greatly appreciate it. As I said I love the ROM.

I flashed LFY V1.95 last night and I love the ROM, but it wont let me download any apps from the market or any types of files from the browser. It will start to download but says, "download unsuccessful." That's the only message I get. I had to go back to CyanogenMod 6.1.2 from a nandroid and everything works perfectly. If someone could tell me a way to fix the problem with LFY I would greatly appreciate it. As I said I love the ROM.

I won't pretend to know anything about the Ally, which is what I assume you're using, but as a first line troubleshooting effort I must ask:

• Did you do a full wipe of just the data and cache or did you include system, boot, and dalvik also?
  • If you did wipe all of the above, did you wipe once or multiple times?

I never did use that ROM (currently on Liquid's GB 1.92...and on a D1)). If you want to give this ROM another go I would strongly suggest wiping everything several times and try again.

Upvote 0
Strange. Wish I could help more but we've reached the extent of my noob knowledge.

I've had problems with the market from time to time after a fresh ROM install and just cleared data & cache in applications menu but not to the extent you're having and, from what I remember, never with a froyo ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones