1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root cant download from market or browser.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ludeawakening, Jun 1, 2011.

1. ludeawakening

ludeawakening Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 22, 2010
    Pepsi IT support
    Gadsden, Al
    I flashed LFY V1.95 last night and I love the ROM, but it wont let me download any apps from the market or any types of files from the browser. It will start to download but says, "download unsuccessful." That's the only message I get. I had to go back to CyanogenMod 6.1.2 from a nandroid and everything works perfectly. If someone could tell me a way to fix the problem with LFY I would greatly appreciate it. As I said I love the ROM.

Advertisement

2. carassius

carassius Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    I won't pretend to know anything about the Ally, which is what I assume you're using, but as a first line troubleshooting effort I must ask:

• Did you do a full wipe of just the data and cache or did you include system, boot, and dalvik also?
    • If you did wipe all of the above, did you wipe once or multiple times?

I never did use that ROM (currently on Liquid's GB 1.92...and on a D1)). If you want to give this ROM another go I would strongly suggest wiping everything several times and try again.

3. ludeawakening

None

Sep 22, 2010
    Pepsi IT support
    Gadsden, Al
    Yes I wiped everything multiple times and its still a no go on downloading anything. I went ahead and flashed Project Elite GB v5.0.1 and everything works perfect. I guess LFY just does not like my phone. Project Elite is awesome though. Its the best ROM I've used so far.

4. carassius

None

Apr 21, 2010
    Strange. Wish I could help more but we've reached the extent of my noob knowledge.

I've had problems with the market from time to time after a fresh ROM install and just cleared data & cache in applications menu but not to the extent you're having and, from what I remember, never with a froyo ROM.

5. carassius

None

Apr 21, 2010
    Also, I guess I should've mentioned the 'fix permissions' option, but it sounds like you've been around awhile and probably tried that.

6. ludeawakening

None

Sep 22, 2010
    Pepsi IT support
    Gadsden, Al
    Yeah it is really strange. I've never had that problem before. But like I said, the Project Elite ROM is great. It just received the update to 2.3.2 also. I added the EpicBlue theme to it and now IRS perfect. Everyone should try this one! :)