• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get all my notifications

samemae

Lurker
Mar 21, 2017
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums. Here is my problem.

Ever since I got the most recent update to my Samsung S7 Edge. I stopped getting all of my notifications. Mostly Twitter. All the people I have set so that when they are online chatting, complaining and doing God knows what else extra are straggling through in tiny incriments. Mostly none! And the same goes for anything I have set notifications not

I have done any and everything under the sun to try and fix it. Uninstall, reinstall, checking and readjusting the update button when it's there. This is driving me crazy! Does anyone know what's going on and what I need to do? Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like the update is corrupt, or not compatible with some of your apps. May just be an issue with the make and model of phone

Thank you very much for your help. Yea, I'm leaning toward a corrupt update. That has happened to me before. What do you suggest that I do? Is this going to be a case where I go and have to do a factory reset?

Upvote 0
Have you tried going into recovery and wiping the system cache? That's usually a good idea after a major update. Backup and factory reset is often recommended in event of post-update problems, but a cache wipe is no hassle (unlike restoring after a reset) so worth a shot before doing anything more drastic.

Reactions: tommo47 and olbriar
Upvote 0
I would LOVE to give it a try. Could you please give me some good step by step instructions? I really would appreciate it.

Mary

Hi Mary, a Google search brought up the following, hope it helps.

"Wipe cache partition: Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Created by t-mobilecares on 25-Jul-2016 22:46. Last modified by tmo_erica on 09-Jan-2017 07:08.
Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge using the hardware keys. If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.

Wipe cache partition

1) Turn off the device.

2) Press and hold the Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key at the same time.

3) When the phone powers on, the Android System Recovery screen appears approx. 30 seconds later.

4) Release all of the keys.

5) Press the Volume down key to highlight "wipe cache partition."

6) Press the Power key to select.

7) Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.

8) When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.

9) Press the Power key to restart the device."

:)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones