• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant get Evo to sync to pc

joshk56

Lurker
Sep 27, 2010
so i get my evo yesterday i try putting music on it, download sync 2.0.40, install it. I open htc sync, plug in my evo via USB and nothing happens. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling sync a couple times now and i cant get it to work. when i plug my phone in to the computer i get the notification on my evo saying debugging is allowed. Im starting to get really frustrated can anyone help?

thanks,

Josh

Make sure you have the recent HTC update by going into Settings-Phone-HTC Updates. After updating (or confirming you have the most recent update), then try 1) opening HTC Sync on your PC and plugging in your Evo.

I had the same issue (without the debugging message) and cleared it up by making sure everything was updated.

While you're at it, make sure you have the latest PRL to that hasn't been pushed to everyone. My wife gets push notifications on her Evo, but I have to check manually or wait weeks to months before I get notification.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones