• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant get into my recovery image.

jms493

Nov 18, 2009
So I did the following.
III. Flash a Custom Recovery Image on the Droid Eris

1. Download the Flash_Image file and Amon Ra’s recovery image and save them both to the tools folder of your AndroidSDK you downloaded for the How To Setup ADB procedure.
Flash_Image
Amon Ra’s Recovery Image
2. Then plug in your phone via usb cable and goto Settings >
> Development and make sure USB Debugging is checked on.
3. Open the command prompt on your computer and type in the following with hitting enter at the end of each line:
adb shell mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
adb push recovery-ra-eris.img /sdcard
adb push flash_image /system/bin
adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-ra-eris.img
4. Close the cmd prompt and turn off you phone.
IV. Flash a Custom ROM Using the Recovery Image

1. Turn the phone on by holding down Volume Up and Power and keep holding it until the recovery screen comes up.
I know the phone is rooted but I cant get the WIFI tether to work with 2.1. So I want to flash a new ROM. (the Vanilla one). When I try to reboot into the recovery partition using "adb shell reboot recovery" from the cmd prompt. All I get is the droid with a hazard sign. How do I fix this

ok I figured it out....i never completed this step

WINDOWS USERS
Shut off your phone
Turn on your phone with power and send keys
You will have FASTBOOT highlighted in red like it is here
Now on your computer do the following
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Ok after that completes pull the battery then power back up with Vol Up + Power to enter recovery

Upvote 0
I used this link: How To Root Your HTC Eris

Shut off your phone
Turn on your phone with power and send keys
You will have FASTBOOT highlighted in red like it is here
Now on your computer do the following
Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img <----this was the part I skipped which I went back in and performed and it worked. Type this in the cmd prompt
Ok after that completes pull the battery then power back up with Vol Up + Power to enter recovery

Reactions: flspnr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones