• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't get Lollipop OTA back

DC1022

Apr 21, 2011
Hey Guys,

About 3 weeks ago, I got the Lollipop notification update. I chose "Later", as I was pretty busy with a course and work at the time. I did a factory reset last night as I usually to factory resets before big updates as I like to have a fresh install. I have left it over night and check for updates throughout last night and this morning and the OTA will not come back.
Do you guys have any advice on how to get it to return, or will I have to wait for Google to push the update to my area again?

Thanks in advance.

When you factory reset and re-register, even using the same gmail account, i believe that your device is given a different identifier token which would make it look brand new to the update servers. You can wait for the update to roll around to you again. It shouldn't take too long, but you could flash the factory image right away since you already reset your phone.

Factory Images for Nexus Devices

Reactions: codesplice
Upvote 0
When you factory reset and re-register, even using the same gmail account, i believe that your device is given a different identifier token which would make it look brand new to the update servers. You can wait for the update to roll around to you again. It shouldn't take too long, but you could flash the factory image right away since you already reset your phone.

Factory Images for Nexus Devices

What if I used a different Gmail account, as I am changing my primary Gmail account for my phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones