1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Cant get rid of this sync icon.. what the heck!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mhornfeck72205, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mhornfeck72205

mhornfeck72205 Active Member

Jun 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

It wont go away.. No idea how to get rid of it.. It sometimes disappears, but only for a few minutes. Read about 6 other forum posts and none have helped..

Its nothing to do with any sort of syncing account, I have it fully turned off, and my accounts removed, but it still shows..

Help?

Advertisement

2. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    bay area
    Could be facebook. That's what happend with me. Don't allow it to sync with your contacts.

3. mhornfeck72205

Jun 10, 2010

"Its nothing to do with any sort of syncing account, I have it fully turned off, and my accounts removed, but it still shows.."

Nothing enabled to sync with.. it does it even with a full wipe/reset..

4. nofez

nofez Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    You mean the one next to the airplane icon?

Looks like you may be charging. Are you aware that that icon appears when you're connected to a computer via USB, in PC Mode?

5. BLK MAJK

BLK MAJK Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    This. My brother in law was complaining about the same thing....even did a hard reset and that made it go away....until he plugged it in...his phone was in PC mode...I changed that and the icon disappeared immediately and hasn't been back since. So I would try that first :)

6. mhornfeck72205

Jun 10, 2010
    nope, its just always on.. My phone connects in either charge only or mass storage mode.

What exactly does this icon mean?

7. j-representer

j-representer Member

Jul 24, 2010
    I believe is from the media sharing application that comes with the phone, however it looks like you have installed a new screen interface program so it might mess with it. I would check out your media share app first though

8. mhornfeck72205

Jun 10, 2010
    Nope, its not media share either..

It does this even with a fresh wipe and sbf flash as if the phone just came out of the box.

9. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Try pulling down the menu bar at the top of the screen and hitting the clear button.

10. Xelios

Xelios Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Mine gets a circular thingy like that when I have email syncing on. I know you said you have syncing off, but does that include email as well? I'm not sure if it is.

11. jharbinson

jharbinson New Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Same issue here. If I go in to applications (under settings) then manage apps, then running apps I can force close the email engine app and it goes away for a few minutes. It seems the phone is trying to sync even thogh I have everything turned off. I renamed the app using root explorer to .bak and that worked but I have to see if I can retrieve emails tomorrow....

12. Jayme

Jayme Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Near PDx
    off topic... but what power bar are you using?

13. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    had this issue as well, I find it under "accounts / google" itll sit there and sync contacts / email / calendar, and it seems to be the contacts that hangs it up. I read that deleting the contacts storage in the apps menu will clear it, then just let it sync back with google to restore all your contacts. Worked for me for a while , seems to have come back after another factory restore.

14. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    this actually just started for me today, no idea why either I've made no new changes. just can't get rid of the damn sync icon.

15. Uga Buga

Uga Buga New Member

Dec 27, 2014
    I had the same problem. It started after I did a u tube update. I uninstalled the update and returned to the basic u tube installed on phone. problem solved for me
    go to settings, applications, manage application, u tube, uninstall update.

16. themib

themib Well-Known Member

lol, 4 1/2 years late