1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cant get rid of this sync icon.. what the heck!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mhornfeck72205, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mhornfeck72205

[​IMG]

It wont go away.. No idea how to get rid of it.. It sometimes disappears, but only for a few minutes. Read about 6 other forum posts and none have helped..

Its nothing to do with any sort of syncing account, I have it fully turned off, and my accounts removed, but it still shows..

Help?

2. john_ecko

john_ecko Well-Known Member

Could be facebook. That's what happend with me. Don't allow it to sync with your contacts.

3. mhornfeck72205

"Its nothing to do with any sort of syncing account, I have it fully turned off, and my accounts removed, but it still shows.."

Nothing enabled to sync with.. it does it even with a full wipe/reset..

4. nofez

nofez Newbie

You mean the one next to the airplane icon?

Looks like you may be charging. Are you aware that that icon appears when you're connected to a computer via USB, in PC Mode?

5. BLK MAJK

BLK MAJK Well-Known Member

This. My brother in law was complaining about the same thing....even did a hard reset and that made it go away....until he plugged it in...his phone was in PC mode...I changed that and the icon disappeared immediately and hasn't been back since. So I would try that first :)

6. mhornfeck72205

nope, its just always on.. My phone connects in either charge only or mass storage mode.

What exactly does this icon mean?

7. j-representer

j-representer Newbie

I believe is from the media sharing application that comes with the phone, however it looks like you have installed a new screen interface program so it might mess with it. I would check out your media share app first though

8. mhornfeck72205

Nope, its not media share either..

It does this even with a fresh wipe and sbf flash as if the phone just came out of the box.

9. &roid

&roid Well-Known Member

Try pulling down the menu bar at the top of the screen and hitting the clear button.

10. Xelios

Xelios Android Enthusiast

Mine gets a circular thingy like that when I have email syncing on. I know you said you have syncing off, but does that include email as well? I'm not sure if it is.

11. jharbinson

jharbinson Lurker

Same issue here. If I go in to applications (under settings) then manage apps, then running apps I can force close the email engine app and it goes away for a few minutes. It seems the phone is trying to sync even thogh I have everything turned off. I renamed the app using root explorer to .bak and that worked but I have to see if I can retrieve emails tomorrow....

12. Jayme

Jayme Android Enthusiast

off topic... but what power bar are you using?

13. SlvrScoobie

SlvrScoobie Android Enthusiast

had this issue as well, I find it under "accounts / google" itll sit there and sync contacts / email / calendar, and it seems to be the contacts that hangs it up. I read that deleting the contacts storage in the apps menu will clear it, then just let it sync back with google to restore all your contacts. Worked for me for a while , seems to have come back after another factory restore.

14. travishamockery

travishamockery Well-Known Member

this actually just started for me today, no idea why either I've made no new changes. just can't get rid of the damn sync icon.

15. Uga Buga

Uga Buga Lurker

I had the same problem. It started after I did a u tube update. I uninstalled the update and returned to the basic u tube installed on phone. problem solved for me
    go to settings, applications, manage application, u tube, uninstall update.

16. themib

themib Android Expert

lol, 4 1/2 years late

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews