• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't get videos/movies over 2GB to play.

I am using XVid4PSP (has been good to me in the past) but if I want to try to get a 2 1/2 to 3 hour movie at 720x400 res it's going to come up (and sometimes over) 2GB.

Is there another video encoder that could take a movie of that length and reduce it under 2GB still using a high res?

Upvote 0
I am using XVid4PSP (has been good to me in the past) but if I want to try to get a 2 1/2 to 3 hour movie at 720x400 res it's going to come up (and sometimes over) 2GB.

Is there another video encoder that could take a movie of that length and reduce it under 2GB still using a high res?

It depends on the encoding method, not the actual encoder. My favorite container file is .mkv (Matroska file) because it drastically reduces size, but not many players support this file type.

The only way to reduce file size while keeping the resolution is reducing the bitrate, but this also reduces the quality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones