1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Can't install from marketplace after rooting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by suv1186, Nov 4, 2010.

1. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Marine Engineer
    Seattle
    So I rooted my x. Deodex, new theme.....yada yada yada. Now I can't install apps from marketplace. Anyone know the remedy?

It will download, but a message in the notification bar reads: "installation of.....unsuccessful".

Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    I run into this too. It seems as if certain apps that have been modded by the developer will not update, I guess in order to keep the mod? I don't know. For me, twitter and facebook wouldn't update.

If nothing updates, try a battery pull and try it again. Please let us know how it works.

steven

3. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Marine Engineer
    Seattle
    Did the battery pull, cleared cache, cleared data.......nothing. Still not working

4. joebadmo

joebadmo New Member

Oct 7, 2010
    I was having this issue after installing Tranquility 3. What I did was go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> market -> uninstall. After that everything installed fine. I don't know what kind of adverse effects this might have, and I'm not sure what version of market I just downgraded to, or how to upgrade back up to the most recent version of market or whatever, but, hey, it worked.

5. doepain

doepain New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Sr. Systems Admin
    boston
    I had this same issue after I rooted my A855. The fix for me was to go into running services, find the market service, and force stop, clear cache, clear data, and then when I go to re-open "Market" it assumed it was my first time having to open it I go through EULA, and then I am redirected to the Market place as I knew it.

All of applications are there, and ready to be upgraded.