• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't install from marketplace after rooting

I run into this too. It seems as if certain apps that have been modded by the developer will not update, I guess in order to keep the mod? I don't know. For me, twitter and facebook wouldn't update.

If nothing updates, try a battery pull and try it again. Please let us know how it works.

steven

Upvote 0
I was having this issue after installing Tranquility 3. What I did was go to settings -> applications -> manage applications -> all -> market -> uninstall. After that everything installed fine. I don't know what kind of adverse effects this might have, and I'm not sure what version of market I just downgraded to, or how to upgrade back up to the most recent version of market or whatever, but, hey, it worked.

Upvote 0
I had this same issue after I rooted my A855. The fix for me was to go into running services, find the market service, and force stop, clear cache, clear data, and then when I go to re-open "Market" it assumed it was my first time having to open it I go through EULA, and then I am redirected to the Market place as I knew it.

All of applications are there, and ready to be upgraded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones