• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't move/install to sd card on rooted phone

Hi,

My internal storage is full, I can't install new apps or update the current apps to newer version.
frown.gif

To get around this issue, I got a new sd card, with 32 GB. The sd card seems to be working well.

Anyway, all apps have the option "move to sd card" - DISABLED! Gee thanks for nothing, Android.
good.gif

I remember on older Android versions, it was possible to move apps and data to sd card. Now it isn't. From my research I know it's an Android feature now, but then why have the UI button "move to sd card" there? It's part of the Android OS. Makes no sense.
mad.gif

The only app that has this button enabled for me, is Facebook Messenger. I try clicking on it, but after a while it gives an error.

Today, I rooted my phone, thinking it would solve the problem and I could finally install big apps to the sd card, and move app data there as well.
fingers-crossed.gif
No such luck. After rooting, still having the same issue. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
highfive.gif

My phone is an Alcatel One Touch Idol.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones