• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't Open Titanium Backup

bimmer14pa

Aug 8, 2010

Hey guys,

I tried to search but the answers I found related to more on how to get Titanium Backup open and working on the original HTC rom.

I rooted last night and installed Virtuous v3.0.1

I rebooted. No issues there.

I go through the Marketplace refresh and it finds all my purchased Aps.

I install TB, it goes through no problem.

I go to find it in the apps tray, nothing there. I go back to the marketplace, I see it there, but OPEN isn't highlighted.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Please be kind as I just did this last night in excitement.

-Chris

See if you can find it in Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. If it is there, uninstall it and then go back to the market and download it again. Once I bought it in the market, I've always been able to download the free one and I still get all the premium capabilities when I open it up on my phone. It puts a license file or something on your sdcard I believe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones