• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't run off electricity alone?

Crodley

Android Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Hi all,
So I'm watching a streaming game in my browser and my battery gets down to 28 percent.
I plug it into the wall and the charge indicator comes on and I go back to watching the game. After about fifteen minutes I go to see how high the battery has charged up and it's down to 20 percent! So that means even plugged into the wall it's draining the battery?

:x

There are some activities that can cause power consumption to exceed the charging capability, plus sometimes the phone halts charging if the battery gets too hot.

When I run Trapster + Navigation on the charger, I have a zero sum gain (No Charge or discharge).

Streaming video shouldnt consumer more power than the charger can provide, so I assume your battery got too hot.

Upvote 0
Hi all,
So I'm watching a streaming game in my browser and my battery gets down to 28 percent.
I plug it into the wall and the charge indicator comes on and I go back to watching the game. After about fifteen minutes I go to see how high the battery has charged up and it's down to 20 percent! So that means even plugged into the wall it's draining the battery?

:x

are you using the wall charger that came with your phone? That's the only one that I know of that can output 1A as well as trigger the A/C mode charging that causes your phone to actually draw 1A.

Upvote 0
are you using the wall charger that came with your phone? That's the only one that I know of that can output 1A as well as trigger the A/C mode charging that causes your phone to actually draw 1A.

Actually I wasn't using the charger that came with the phone. I was using the 1 that came with the kindle. I haven't touched my kindle since I got the new phone. Perhaps that's what the problem was. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones