1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Can't run off electricity alone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Crodley, Aug 28, 2010.

1. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Hi all,
    So I'm watching a streaming game in my browser and my battery gets down to 28 percent.
    I plug it into the wall and the charge indicator comes on and I go back to watching the game. After about fifteen minutes I go to see how high the battery has charged up and it's down to 20 percent! So that means even plugged into the wall it's draining the battery?

:x

Advertisement

2. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Top Flight Security of the world
    Phoenix AZ
    no or u should try a different plug in? or u have a faulty cable or connetion

3. Crodley

Jun 10, 2010
    Except if the cable was faulty the charging icon would not have come on over the battery icon, right?

4. SporkLover

SporkLover Well-Known Member

May 9, 2010
    There are some activities that can cause power consumption to exceed the charging capability, plus sometimes the phone halts charging if the battery gets too hot.

When I run Trapster + Navigation on the charger, I have a zero sum gain (No Charge or discharge).

Streaming video shouldnt consumer more power than the charger can provide, so I assume your battery got too hot.

5. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

Jul 7, 2010
    are you using the wall charger that came with your phone? That's the only one that I know of that can output 1A as well as trigger the A/C mode charging that causes your phone to actually draw 1A.

6. Crodley

Jun 10, 2010
    Actually I wasn't using the charger that came with the phone. I was using the 1 that came with the kindle. I haven't touched my kindle since I got the new phone. Perhaps that's what the problem was. Thanks.

Tags: