• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't see Play Books content in Aldiko..?

miseryguts

Sep 26, 2011
Apologies if this is blindingly obvious..
How do I go about rectifying this, I've read a few threads that say you have to find/convert & place them in another folder.. trouble is I don't have the ebooks folder that they are supposed to be in..?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks.

As far as I know, in Play Books you can read only Google eBooks.

Aldiko reads .epub and .pdf eBook formats.
Such eBooks files you can place on your N7's storage where you want ... with Aldiko's explorer you will find them :)

I use Moon+ Reader for .epub eBooks ... has a nice two-page view with page animation on tablets.

Harry

Upvote 0
I think Play Books places the downloaded books in a folder you don't have access to. This is a fairly obvious anti-piracy strategy.

You can download (some?) books on your PC with any web browser. As I recall they come down as an encrypted epub so you wouldn't be able to read them with Aldiko. Some books I've downloaded are unprotected epubs, but i susect this is only books that are out of copyright.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones