• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't send picture mail when using "gosms" app

Never used gosms so can't comment. But I'll edit the title to reflect that it's an issue with the app.

Have you tried ChompSMS or Handcent instead?

i've tried handcent and it drained my battery both times i installed it (thought maybe a delete and reinstall would fix the drain but it didn't.) so i went gosms. i've never tried chomp though. thanks i'll check it out.

Upvote 0
chomp is free but it states that its free between others who have chompsms....or am i reading it wrong? i have unlimited texts messages with anyone...chomp doesn't change that right? thanks again

From: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.p1.chompsms&feature=search_result

Plus, if your mobile carrier charges a lot for texting (internationally for example) you can buy chompSMS credits to send much cheaper text messages. Of course if your friends are also using chompSMS, then all text messages between you are completely FREE!

For text messages between your friends using chompSMS, it

Upvote 0
the only thing i dont like about the stock app is the background...its too dark. i really dont care about customization like iphone type bubbles and such. i would use the stock app if i could change the background. any other sms apps besides chomp, gosms, and handcent. tried chomp and it kept forcing close. then i looked at the reviews and others are having the same issue

From: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.p1.chompsms&feature=search_result

If you are on Sprint, it's already included in your plan so it will not cost you anything additional to send texts. If, as an example, you were on carrier XYZ that charges $10 a text or if you are traveling out of the country (where Sprint would normally charge you a fortune to send a text), you could use ChompSMS over wifi for the fee that they are referring to.

At least, that's my understanding.... Personally, I just use the stock app ;)

Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same issues. Although my MMS messages were sending fine until I upgraded my MicroSd card to 32gb and now it won't send through Gosms. So i'm thinking its an issue with the sd card, but it doesn't make sense why it wouldn't send through Gosms. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled with no luck.The oem messenger send MMS fine with no problems.

I have used both Chomp and Handcent, and prefer GoSms by far.

Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same issues. Although my MMS messages were sending fine until I upgraded my MicroSd card to 32gb and now it won't send through Gosms. So i'm thinking its an issue with the sd card, but it doesn't make sense why it wouldn't send through Gosms. I even uninstalled it and reinstalled with no luck.The oem messenger send MMS fine with no problems.

I have used both Chomp and Handcent, and prefer GoSms by far.

i like chomp...and i like the stock messaging app now that it uses bubbles (i'm girly i guess lol) however it would have been nice to change the color of the background to the stock app...thats why i use chomp. if i could change the background color to a lighter color i would use the stock. its so dark its depressing lol. same with the stock calendar and contacts app. so in place i use jorte for my calendar. i haven't found a good contacts app yet. i tried phonebook 2.0 but i didn't like it

Upvote 0
I had the same thing happen with gosms and it works fine with the stock messaging. Can you use the stock messaging with go sms in the background?

Yes, you can.. gosms actually runs off the stock messaging App. That's why they tell you not to uninstall the stock App.

My gosms actually started working after my phone randomly resetted. You should try restarting your phone a few times, see if that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones