• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't shut off the Notifications for the Weather Channel App.

mslisaj

Android Enthusiast
Feb 11, 2010
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I have the Weather Channel app on my phone and it's really a great app except for the location I have as my favorite keeps getting an "Air Stagnation" warning. I have turned ALL the warnings/notifications off and it still gives me these annoying notifications. Anyone, first off, experience this and how have you turned them off.

Lisa

I have the Weather Channel app on my phone and it's really a great app except for the location I have as my favorite keeps getting an "Air Stagnation" warning. I have turned ALL the warnings/notifications off and it still gives me these annoying notifications. Anyone, first off, experience this and how have you turned them off.

Lisa

I did once, and I fixed it by uninstalling the Weather Channel app, then reinstalling it from the market. You may be able to go to menu/settings/applications/manage applications, and clear data for that app, but that will probably require you to set it up again anyway....

hope this helps!

Reactions: mslisaj
Upvote 0
Hi JB............

Well there is no data delete in the application section so I deleted the app and then reinstalled it through the Market as you suggested. This time when I set it up I toggled NONE under the notifications and lets collectively hold our breath it works. We're having some of the most beautiful clear weather here in Oregon right now but the air folks are scared by this wonderful high pressure and are running around declaring "Air Stagnation" "Air Stagnation". I expect to walk out of my house and see my neighbors collapsed at the bottom of their steps gasping for air. What is this world coming too? But if this kills this idiotic warning from popping up on my phone a couple of times a day I will be a happy camper................

Thanks again JB.

Lisa ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones