• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't Tether after the OTA

DimBulb

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2012
Minnesota
One of the first, (minor problems) after solving more pressing issues of re-gaining root, on the B11 download, was getting the message on booting, that "Qualcomm Enhanced Location Service Has Stopped".

I've been unable to successfully tether my tablet, off my phone. The signal strength is excellent, all looks good on both end's, just no sound to signal that the tether has "occurred" on the tablet. On the Nexus 7, the bar's on top stay grey.

I use the app, Wi-Fi Tether, and have kept the setting's since January, when Junkie helped me figure out the setting's for the phone side, it's worked like a charm.

Does this Qualcomm message, (when booting the Sequent), cause problems with tethering on B11 somehow? Anyone else run into tether problems that also has this Qualcomm service stop message?

Here's the setting's, in Wi-Fi Tether and a screen-shot of the log today:
Generic-ICS/JB (wiano)
Set Up - Auto
SSID - AndroidTether
Don't disable Blue Tooth
Wi-Fi Driver reload
Routing Fix

On the Phone:
settings/wireless and networks/WiFi off
settings/more/mobile networks/data enabled ... (no lmore "more" on JB)
Allways on mobile path? (no longer have this in JB)
Connection optimizer off

Any idea's? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_TetherFailure.jpg
    Screenshot_TetherFailure.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 107

I didn't want to jump to another app, because this has worked so well. But, it looks like others got theirs to work with ChainsDD Superuser.

Nothing about that Qualcomm error message seems to be throwing up red flags for anybody's tether problems. Did a Google search on that topic, showed it came up for people, but there weren't any specifics at all.

I threw my thread up, because I'd read Moneys initial post, and no one was discussing the (possible) link to the Qualcomm enhanced locations server stop problem I get when re-booting the phone.

Thanks for the link Super, you've been tirelessly helping I appreciate it.

Upvote 0
When I couldn't get it to work I had to switch FROM chainsdd Superuser to clockworkmod superuser....I know when I was in chains every time I started tether and stopped tether it would ask me for superuser permission every time even though I asked it to remember....that y I switched and it worked after that...

Fyi:

My settings are (and always have been for this phone):

Samsung Epic Touch 4g
Netd NDC master
WiFi driver reload (just 1)
Routing fix enabled

Try that if switching superuser doesn't work for u

Reactions: DimBulb
Upvote 0
When I couldn't get it to work I had to switch FROM chainsdd Superuser to clockworkmod superuser....I know when I was in chains every time I started tether and stopped tether it would ask me for superuser permission every time even though I asked it to remember....that y I switched and it worked after that...

Fyi:

Samsung Epic Touch 4g
Netd NDC master
Routing fix enabled

again it still says failed mss clamping, everything else went and said done

Upvote 0

Fyi:

Samsung Epic Touch 4g
Netd NDC master
Routing fix enabled

Have you used your Warp Sequent to tether? That alone would be worth the price of admission.

On the other side, I just jumped over to clockworkmod superuser and BIG difference in the log from the first attempt to tether, this time there's only one fail, ...(disabling routing fix), everything else is green, and done ... and fortunately, ... now it's TETHER'ED and in fact, though there was no notification sound, (I'm used to that), it's got the Nexus7 tablet up and on-line.

Oh, and about a minute into the tether .... there's the little notification sound.

That's good, thanks for the help and all the advise guy's.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones