• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't transfer files to new LG K8 Phone

swfcdan

Oct 16, 2015
I have connected my new LG K8 phone to my laptop by USB cable, and the phone appears on windows explorer as a folder 'LG K8 4G' but it says the folder is empty. I know there are music and other files already stored on my SD card in my phone so why aren't they visible? I tried moving a file into the folder anyway and it says 'cannot copy item, the device has stopped responding or been disconnected'.

I could take the SD card out and transfer files that way using a card reader but it's a lot of effort to open up my phone each time and it should work via USB cable obviously. Can anyone help?

It works now. I didn't see a notification on my phone before, showing a usb connection symbol. Pressed that and it asked me if I want to allow my computer to connect with the phone, so I chose yes :) . And now I can view all folders and files, will have to keep an eye out in case it asks for permission each time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones