• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't unlock phone. Please help!

Hello. I've been having a problem with my Motorola Droid for the past month or so. Basically the right 1/3 of my screen does not work. If I try to click an app on the home screen that's in the far right row, it won't work. I can't use the on screen keyboard either.

For the past month I've had a lock pattern using only the left 2 rows of contact points, which has been fine. Well, I decided I wanted to change my lock combo to a PIN instead so. I'd use my keyboard to enter the numbers. I unlocked my phone and changed to a PIN. Well, I just found out (the hard way) that to get to the PIN input screen you have to do the regular swipe across the lock screen first. I can't do that. Is there anyway I can unlock my phone without the screen? Can I control my phone through a computer? I need to change the lock setting back to an on screen combo. As of now my phone's useless.

Thanks.

Hello. I've been having a problem with my Motorola Droid for the past month or so. Basically the right 1/3 of my screen does not work. If I try to click an app on the home screen that's in the far right row, it won't work. I can't use the on screen keyboard either.

I'm having this same problem, except my deadzone runs vertically down the center of the screen.
All help would be greatly appreciated!

Upvote 0
I'm gonna bump this even though it's really old because I have and have had the exact same problem for a month or two now. The bottom right on my screen basically wont respond to my touch. I've removed the battery and SD card a million times and it never does anything. I'm not going to return my phone so don't tell me to do that, but if anyone has any solutions or possible solutions to this please don't be afraid to share. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones