• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cant Unroot My Evo!! Data Not Working!!!

I'm able to get into hboot recovery and boot up
i used unrevoked 3
The newest hboot version
ive tried the ruu_supersonic method, i tried updating the using 3.70 official update, i tried to reroot it again, the unrevoked-forever pc36img.zip way.........nothing is working:(

Ok, do you currently have S-ON or S-OFF when you got hboot?

Upvote 0
Ok, not sure what PC36IMG.zip files you've tried, but this is the correct one. Download it, rename it to PC36IMG.zip, exactly. Make sure you don't accidentally name it something like PC36IMG.zip.zip (as windows hides extensions by default). Also, make sure you don't unzip it or anything. Copy it to the root of your sdcard (top level, not in any folders). Turn the phone off, then turn it back on while pressing and holding volume down. That will take you to hboot, where it will scan for the file. Assuming it does, it will prompt you to flash it. That should unroot the phone the rest of the way (remove custom ROM and and custom recovery). Let me know if that doesn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones