• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't upload to YOUTUBE - 1 GB Error Message

fdnyfish

May 6, 2010
I have a 2 minute 720P video taken with the droidx that i am trying to upload to my youtube account. The video is 140mb in size. i get the following message when I try to upload the video to youtube via the share option in Gallery "You can not upload a video larger than 1GB".

I get this message if i'm connected to wifi or not. The video is only 140mb in size!

Any one else getting this message?

I was getting this message prior to upgrading to 2.2 and was hoping that the 2.2 would fix it, but it didn't.

Thanks

I was plagued with this bug when on 2.1 as well. I'm currently on the 2.3.15 OTA update, rooted via the D2 method, and deodexed. It appears that I can now upload to YouTube. I'm connected to WiFi and it's letting me upload a 72MB 720p HD video clip that's exactly 1min in length.

Give us some more specifics about your situation. How did you get FroYo? Are you rooted? Any modifications of any kind? etc.

Upvote 0
First time using this service. Just got off phone with level 2 support at Motorola after being passed around at Verizon. Their only solution was a hard reset and that doesn't work either. Tried using wifi or g3 and just won't seem to upload anything of any size. Latest failure is 340 mgb. file. Keeps saying 1 gb limit. Anyone else able to upload file of that size on Android X with latest version software? Any possible solutions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones