• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Captivate will not send email

EHK

Lurker
Jul 30, 2010
I moved from iphone 3 to Samsung Captivate. My verizon mail comes in without a problem, but can not send mail Error message Server Connection.

My mail on the I phone is same email provider (Verizon), and it works perfectly.

Att could not figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

had the same problem. it would send on 3g but not wifi. i use a local web server for my site and use their pop3 email. turning off wifi is too much trouble so i used the outgoing server info from the gmail account they make you setup and it works perfectly on wifi or 3g. my wifi is using att dsl. the only trouble i have had since was that on one day, it took a while to send. i guess gmail's server must have too busy.

i went from an iphone also, and am glad i did. i think the difference is that the iphone always uses 3g to send even if you are on wifi, but the android must use wifi, if you are connected, to send.

Upvote 0
I work in the Tier 3 tech for Time Warner Cable and we get this issue very frequently. When you are using another carrier's or ISP's outgoing server you will have to set up the SMTP server to authenticate with your complete email address with the @ and your password. I'm using the Road Runner SMTP and have no issues sending. You may want to check with your local provider on the exact settings for outgoing SMTP authentication.

Reactions: Angrycrow
Upvote 0
I work in the Tier 3 tech for Time Warner Cable and we get this issue very frequently. When you are using another carrier's or ISP's outgoing server you will have to set up the SMTP server to authenticate with your complete email address with the @ and your password. I'm using the Road Runner SMTP and have no issues sending. You may want to check with your local provider on the exact settings for outgoing SMTP authentication.

I tried your tip & it solved my problem. However, now I can't receive emails!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones