• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Car can't get phonebook over Bluetooth

andy88488

Apr 30, 2010
North Jersey
Hi,

I generally love my Maxx. But I am having a problem with my phonebook displaying in my car.

This worked fine with my old Razr Maxx. But with the Droid Maxx, sometimes I get the whole phonebook, sometimes I only get one contact. It seems to generally be the same contact. At first, I thought it was a problem with the contact record. It would display the first Verizon Contact (#BILL or one of those). So I hid those contacts. Now it's displaying a contact from the middle of the alphabet, and then stopping.

I have tried unpairing and re-pairing my phone, and it didn't help. I have tried rebooting the phone, and that didn't help. I'm not even sure whether this is a phone problem or a car problem.

Also, I am using Touchdown, and most of my contacts are from Touchdown. That could conceivably be an issue. But I do have some native Google contacts in my phonebook, and those aren't synching either.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Andy

Ask your car dealership for a technical contact number at the company (the manufcturer, not the dealership). (It may take them a few days to get a number for you.) Call and see if they're aware of the problem, if they know which end it's on (car or phone) and if they're planning on coming up with a fix.

(The reason some SD cards blow in Samsung phones is Samsung's doing. But SanDisk came out with the patch to eliminate the problem. Sometimes a company will fix another company's doing because it makes them look bad. In this case, a lot of people are going to blame the car company, even it it's a bug in the Droid, so they may come out with a patch to their system.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones