• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Car mounts: Can you help?

Alright, so here's my deal. I'm looking for a quality car mount for my 1989 Buick Century. There is limited dash room to install a device on a vent or sticky things to the dash, etc. My only option (I think) would be to install a suction cup device or one that stick or sits on top of the dash. The thing is, I need it to be able to hold my Evo securely while it's still in the case. I haven't seen many that hold it with the case on and seem to be a quality product. The other thing is that I would like for the phone to be able to turn horizontally as well as vertically.

What do you think? Does anyone have any good suggestions? If not I'm probably going to wind up trying a DIY method that I came up with. I'd rather find an easy option before I start on that though :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Thanks for your comments!

I actually ended up making my own. I'll try and put a photo up at some point, but I basically cut a piece from some sheet metal, grinded the sides down to make it smooth, painted it black, screwed it into the dash via an existing screw on the dash, and 3m taped a universal electronic holder onto the piece of metal. Works great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones