1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Carrier Feature Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PSXBatou, Feb 17, 2011.

1. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member

I have the Unlimited Smart Phone HSPA+ thing that rolled over from my iPhone 4. I noticed in my menus tethering is greyed out, just as it was on my iPhone 4 since AT&T had to authorize the phone for it and then you could select it. However I am noticing that I can open, activate, and what seems like use the WiFi hotspot on my phone. None of the check boxes are greyed out like with tethering.

Would I be charge "pay per use" data if I were to use this and actually let a device pull off the hotspot, or for some odd reason is it activated with my 4G unlimited plan?

It just seems very not AT&T, since they tend to lock down everything that your account does not have access to like they do with the greyed out tethering button.

Advertisement

2. blazeplacid

blazeplacid Well-Known Member

you have to call to activate teethering

3. PSXBatou

PSXBatou Well-Known Member

And then I'd lose unlimited, so nope. I just find it odd that the wifi hotspot thing had nothing greyed out and let me turn it on. I didn't try to connect to it though, for fear of pay per use data charges.

4. kstruck

kstruck Well-Known Member

I find it sucks that in order to activate tethering, you lose your unlimited plan. I dont have a need to tether, but it sucks anyway.