• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root carrier unlock and GSM

tommyboy76

Lurker
Dec 26, 2014
Hi everyone, I bought my Razr M a few months ago, and applied the RadioComm unlock as linked by teddyearp above, to work on T-Mobile prepay. At the time it was working fantastic, stable and getting fast data speeds (H+ as reported by phone).

Recently I had to re-image the phone. It wouldn't boot so I couldn't see the software version, so I used an 183.46.10 image as it seemed recent enough, and allowed me to root/unlock the bootloader, which I did. I applied the same RadioComm hack and have it working on T-Mobile, however now it locks up and reboots multiple times daily. If I set the "Preferred Network Type" to "GSM/UMTS", and then "Select Network" to "GSM Only", the crashing stops (saw this somewhere on a forum awhile back). However this makes the data speeds pretty terrible.

Short of experimenting with flashing back to other older images, has anyone encountered this issue and has a solution that gives one full data speed still? Thanks!

Hi tommyboy76. I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd move your post from the one thread and create it's own thread in hopes you will get faster answers.

The RadioComm thread tommy is referring to is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2166542

Now for what it's worth, I have read about sometimes doing some changes further down in the software to potentially fix your problem. However, unfortunately I have a gut feeling that your phone might have hit a wall. Maybe the battery is worn out, or your problem may be some other hardware failure. I hope not.

good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones