• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Case-Mate's "Barely There" DInc Case (Pics + First Impressions)

Something like this:
For HTC Verizon Droid Incredible Black Rubber Hard Case - eBay (item 180516083250 end time Oct-01-10 10:30:19 PDT)

In the meantime I ordered a $1.65 TPU case from a different seller.

Rubber case tends to attract tons of dust, just something to keep in mind.

I used to have this, before I bought Case Mate.

http://cgi.ebay.com/PURPLE-Crystal-...513448?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item3a5b0a6e68

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
After reading too many reviews of Seidio cases scratching phones or leaving sticky residue on them, I decided to go with the Barely There case. Actually both my girlfriend and I have them on our Incredibles now and we love the case. I agree that it isn't the toughest case on the market (though I think case-mate does have a tougher case out there) but I was just looking for something that was super light and form fitting. And it grips onto the phone absolutely perfectly! This is not a case that'll easily fall off.

The cut-outs in the case also make it easier for me to find the volume and power buttons since I just have to feel for the indentation of the case (which I was really used to doing with my old iphone 3g case). The screen protector that case-mate provided with the case was actually very nice too. Much better than the ones sold by Verizon which only cover the lcd part of the phone and not the whole glass face.

My only issue is that case-mate says that a 3-pack of extra HTC Incredible screen protectors is "coming soon" but customer service said they didn't have plans on selling them like that.

Edit: I was just thinking about the whole "camera lens sticks out a teeny tiny bit" situation. I did a quick prototype fix of this by building up about 10 layers of scotch tape on itself, then cutting that chunk into a little rectangle and sticking it about 2 mm below the edge of the red camera lens rim. Not the prettiest solution I agree, but now the lens is protected because the back of the case sticks out ever so slightly. And its not like you can tell there's a little tape bump with the case on anyways. The bump itself is only like .5 mm in height, so I'm sure there are tons of possible ways to ever so slightly raise the back of the case so it's just a teeny tiny bit above the lens cover.

Upvote 0
i just hope if you drop it, it drops on its back side..looks like it offers no protection on the front (even with a screen protector)

For those who are clumsier and tend to drop their phones a lot, I highly recommend they don't get this case. But if you're careful with your phone and you want something thin and light (with a great grip) that simply protects it from scratches, then this might be for you.

Upvote 0
For those who are clumsier and tend to drop their phones a lot, I highly recommend they don't get this case. But if you're careful with your phone and you want something thin and light (with a great grip) that simply protects it from scratches, then this might be for you.

I've been using an inexpensive TPU case for months, it's great, protects the lens, good grip (not slick), wraps the glass screen slightly, and doesn't attract all the pocket lint like the silicone or rubber ones I tried. Does not peel my Skinomi (best lifetime warranted) screen protector either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones