• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Case that goes well with Zagg Screen Protectors

On my Galaxy S3 I am using a Zagg Invisible Shield HD screen protector and Speck Candyshell case. It's only been about 3 days, but I see absolutely no sign of any lifting or bubbling of the screen protector edges. The Candyshell fits nicely, providing a raised edge so the phone can be laid face-down, but not extending far enough to interfere with the screen protector edges. I highly recommend this combo if you can find a Candyshell color you like.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem with the Pt Platinum smartcase holster. It completely digs up the Zagg invisible shield. The jackass at Best Buy jammed it on there after I explained to him that it won't fit with the Zagg. I already have bubbles creeping in from the edges.
I have the same problem and I am waiting for my second Zagg HD screen protector to arrive. The guy at the BB satellite store said he has installed over 30 protectors with the PT Platinum holster, he said you have to wait 24/48 hours to fully dry before you put the screen two piece case on. I'm going to have the guy trim the two side edges so I can place the holder on sooner. I had the same problem with my EVO 4G awhile back.

Upvote 0
Well the good thing about that is that they come with a lifetime warranty so you can just explain that at bestbuy and theyll give you a new one.
Best Buy will not give you another shield, you have to register the Zagg product on their website and request a replacement shield from them and send the damaged one back to them and they will charge you $3.99 for the replacement, if you don't send it back, they will charge you for which ever shield you purchased from BB. Zagg also gives you the option to choose which ever shield you want if you would like to switch it up.

Upvote 0
I've been using a zagg hd and Incipio silacrylic case. No problems at all, no peeling on the sides or anything.

I have the same Incipio SiliCrylic case on mine and it has peeled the corners up with 2 different wet apply screen protectors, most recently an ArmorSuit:banghead:..... and so my search continues for a case that won't peel the screen protector and will actually provide a reasonable level of protection.

Upvote 0
A tip for anybody who is getting a zagg.. before u apply it u can shave a very small smal piece of the protector with a razor to keep any case from lifting it. I did this in my gf phone and the particle small part of the screen that is unprotected doesnt make a difference.

Any links to the cases stated above that work with the zagg?

This is exactly what I did. The Zagg was put on my phone just a hair off center and one corner was bubbling up. I cut a very tiny piece off in that one corner and stuck it back down. No problems since then.

Upvote 0
I have the same Incipio SiliCrylic case on mine and it has peeled the corners up with 2 different wet apply screen protectors, most recently an ArmorSuit:banghead:..... and so my search continues for a case that won't peel the screen protector and will actually provide a reasonable level of protection.

that sucks. mine is still going strong. I might try something different soon anyway though. I'm not a huge fan of the way it feels.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones